Like us on Facebook

Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Mysterious! Mother Dog Buries Dead Puppies

A dog gave birth to four (4) puppies in the afternoon hours of Monday 2nd May 2011, and lost all of them to death during the heavy downpour in central Freetown.

The mysterious drama started when the white mother dog commenced digging to bury her dead puppies. It was such a spectacle to behold as the dog used its feet and mouth to dig.

Following several failed attempts to penetrate the rigid ground, it used the soaked mud and spilled it over the remains.

People were astounded and the News Hunters camera was at the scene to record the bizarre event.


The dog later gave up its attempts and sorrowfully lay beside the remains of its puppies for hours.


It was during that period that the dog again gave birth to another puppy. As it was struggling to keep the new puppy alive, the owner of the mother dog came to its rescue; sheltered it and bundled the dead puppies for burial.






By Abdul Fonti

14 comments:

  1. Wonders they say shall never end. Could u imagine a dog doing this? This is very strange.

    Thanks for sharing this News.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been the proud "gramma" to two litters of puppies. I've never heard of a mother dog doing this but I'm not surprised. Their mothering instinct is enormous, and she was obviously protecting her puppies from scavengers. And then laid down to mourn her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor mama such a sorrowful loss I hope the 5th one made it ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. just proves that animals have a much deeper insight than we give them credit for. I have always thought that they understand us when they are around us for years and they seem to understand our needs and wants and know when we are in trouble and or sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious,,,shows dogs do have a heart and soul.... The Mom looks like she has been going through alot....She looks very thin......She needs a good Home! Wish it could be mine But I have 10 cats....all strays. I LOVE MY BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Mother, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that someone gave this momma dog and her surviving baby a home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was deeply touched by this and it doesn't surprise me at all. Dogs love and protect their babies just like we do. I fell over my dog in the dark early this morning - It didn't hurt him, but was several minutes before this 67-year old could get up and the whole time, my dog, Gus, stayed with me, kissing me and licking my face and trying to help me. My husband slept through the entire ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is just somthing amazing about dogs (animals in general).

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dog dug his own grave when my vet gave him a shot of Depo Medrol which interacted with an arthritis drug. The vet forgot to tell me to stop giving him the pill. My poor dog went into kidney failure and knew he was going to die. He somehow got enough energy to dig a hole in my yard. He put his head in it and looked up at me to tell me this is the spot he wants to be buried. I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all goes well for this poor dog, but looking at her she is very thin and not in good condition the owner should find her a good home, because she or he does not know how to care for a dog (females should be spayed) Got It.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ANIMALS HAVE FEELING JUST AS HUMANS DO! THEY FEEL HAPPINESS SADNESS AND THEY
    GRIEVE FOR THEIR MASTERS AND THEIR OWN!!!!!! THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR FEELINGS
    THAN WE DO SOMETIMES!!!!

    ReplyDelete