Like us on Facebook

Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tiff Man Dem

Sitting quietly in my room updating my outdated anti virus, then my neighbor's dog went nuts! Sparky is what they call him because of his Albino looks. Sparky by the way is a "he" and he seldom bark at people. I find it very strange the he was going wild at 1am.

I decided to take a peek . There he was. Even when he's bent over sawing at something in the streets, it was obvious that he is over 6 ft and was up to no good.

"UDAT dae yanda?" I yelled. He stopped sawing, still bent over, like an ancient sculpture.

I was overwhelmed with courage and it spilled out "TIFFF!!" at the top of my lungs.

Man dropped everything, tucked tail and ran.
By the time the neighbours came out of their houses, he was gone living his tools behind.

Upon investigation, it was revealed that he was trying to cut off these old rails that are used to devided the sidework from the streets.

Since no one's property was missing everyone went back home, thinking that It was a waste of time. The tools were tossed in a garbage and Amadu ( A neighbour) who found the saw useful, decided to keep it . One even mentioned that we shouldn't blame the man. Times are hard.

I try to be a good neighbour, so I always keep my opinion to myself, to avoid argument. Mostly NOT to to resist the urge of mouthing off and calling them "idiots".

If you are a Sierra Leonean, you pay taxes,public property is also your. These taxes are used by the government improve our living conditions.

If you notice someone stealing or vandalizing government property, it is your duty as a tax payer to defend it.

If you siddom en lef all thing say na government business, there will never be a better Salone.

Lonta.

I will upload pictures of this incident in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment